Publications & Thought Leadership
The New Sustainability Vision: Setting Sail to a Better Future
Posted in Leadership Strategies
Leading companies periodically update their sustainability visions to ensure their strategic sustainability course is fit for the future. The Co-operators commissioned this research study into New Sustainability Visions to understand the nature of sustainability vision statements adopted by companies with best sustainability practices. The research was conducted in 2016 and summarizes publicly available information from company websites. Companies considered in the sustainability vision research include:
- Marks and Spencer
This sustainability vision research will help you determine your approach to setting sustainability visions at your company. This research will show you how you can upgrade your company’s Vision Story. It shows you how you can follow a three-step process:
To determine your sustainability vision, ask yourself these three sequential questions and pull them into your own Vision Story.
1. Megaforces: What long-term sustainability mega-forces will affect my business, customers, suppliers and operating environment over the next 5 – 10 years?
2. Influence: How can my company adapt to and influence these sustainability forces in a positive way?
3. Ambition: Given these factors, what long-term sustainability quest should we adopt and why is this important to my company, customers and broader society?
The New Sustainability Vision report covers:
- Best Practices Summary and Research Findings
- Detailed Analysis of Best Practices
- 8 Vision Case Studies (Appendix)